I have been working on a useful application for those who play the game Dark Age of Camelot.
Introducing the DAoC Settings Switcher!
This little application will allow you to make backups or templates of your settings file, which contains your Quickbar and Resolution settings, amongst other things. You may then load those backups into your active settings file.
This makes it very useful for those who often respec their characters and find they have to spend a while filling in abilities to return their quickbars to the way they want them.
Update: The application may now be used to copy your quickbars and settings from one toon to another, including across servers
Please note: This program requires Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 – The installer will point you to the download/install location for .Net if it detects that you do not have it.
Latest Release: 08/22/2011 — DAoC Settings Switcher 1.3.0
- Included a new settings file “settings.dat” in the application data directory. You can use it to override the pointer to the quickbar *.ini files.
(please report bugs if you encounter them)
If you like this software, please feel free to donate:
03/24/2010 — DAoC Settings Switcher 1.2.3
Moved the data files to the User’s Application Data folder, due to unauthorized write access to the program files folder for some users of Windows 7 and VistaAfter installing this version, you will have to run the restoration tool from the tools menu in order to get your characters re-registered with the program.
02/03/2010 — DAoC Settings Switcher 1.2.2
- Redesigned back end data storage to do away with any database communication.
- Associated with the above, included a Toon Restoration utility to restore the Registered characters list after upgrade.
- The above new feature has also fixed any bugs you may have had associated with modifying primary keys at startup
02/02/2010 — DAoC Settings Switcher 1.2.1
- Added Support for servers Gaheris, Mordred and Pendragon
- Included script to patch the data file schema when the program launches to support the above
01/29/2010 — DAoC Settings Switcher 1.2
- A copy feature has been added to allow you to copy settings/quickbars to different characters
- Introduced a template restoration utility, allowing you to restore any saved templates in the rare chance that the data file is wiped. (this was made for those who may have version 1.00. The uninstaller was not set to save the data file)
- Fixed unhandled exceptions when operations were made on saved templates without selecting a template
- Added some more detailed error messages and added extra error catching
01/26/2010 — DAoC Settings Switcher 1.01
01/25/2010 — DAoC Settings Switcher 1.00